COVID-19 Employee Info
This information is a supplement to the City’s communications to its residents and businesses listed on the COVID-19 Information page.
This page will be updated as needed moving forward and the most current changes noted as bold.
The City’s plan for re-opening, called "Onward Urbandale", can be viewed by clicking on the link above.
Employee On-Site Vaccination Clinic (updated 4/21/2021)
- The second booster clinic is scheduled for May 5, 2021 at City Hall from 1:00-6:00pm.
- All employees as well as spouses/partners covered by the City's health insurance plan may participate.
- Contact HR at 515-331-6707 for more information.
Information on work and City facilities:
- City Hall is open by appointment only. Other building will work with City Manager Johnson and the Mayor on opening strategies and dates. Employees should check with their department directors on wearing casual work attire during this transition period.
- Those entering City Hall must wear a mask, socially distance and take their temperature with the scanner.
- Face covering must be worn in common areas of work.
- Employees should not share work spaces or personal office supplies (i.e. staplers, pens, etc.).
- Updated CDC isolation matrix on how long to stay isolated and away from work if showing COVID-19 symptoms or a positive test without symptoms.
- The City of Urbandale will offer an incentive program for voluntary employee participation with the COVID-19 vaccine.
Special leave under FFCRA expired December 31, 2020. However, the City of Urbandale will voluntarily extend emergency paid sick leave until May 25, 2021 for individuals that have received or scheduled their vaccine. The City of Urbandale did not extend expanded FMLA. (Updated 4/1/2021). Information on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) are listed below:
- FFCRA leave types and eligibility guidelines
- Employee Rights under FFCRA by the DOL
- Employee Request form for FFCRA - Updated
Information for your health includes:
- The City has agreed to waive all typical employee cost shares (coinsurance, copays, etc.) for the treatment of COVID-19 for covered employees and dependents on the Wellness Health insurance plan administered by Wellmark through June 30, 2021. (Updated 4/1/2021)
- Testing related to COVID-19 will be paid at 100% by the City if using a covered provider and will not have associated co-pays, co-insurance or deductible costs.
- The City has modified (removed/expanded the hours cap) on vacation carryover requirements for 2020 and all vacation carryover requests will still be coordinated at the department level and approved by the City Manager.
- IA Dept. Human Services Resources
- UnityPoint Behavioral Health Care Options
- Polk County Public Health
- IDHP - Iowa Department of Public Health
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Wellmark - City's Health Insurance Provider
- City Manager's Memo on FFCRA
- DOL's Poster on FFCRA
- Wellmark COVID-19 FAQs
- COVID-19 Employee Health Check Form Non First Responders
- Request for COVID-19 Emergency Sick or FMLA Leave 3.30.2021 form @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>