This page is provided as a source for employee information. It is a place to find information useful to you as an employee, and to provide an avenue for greater electronic communication from the city to it’s staff.
The new timekeeping system, Executime, will go live on Sunday, October 31, 2021. Please review the following information and contact Nicole Lunders or Elisa Wright in the City Clerk/Payroll Office with any question or access issues.
- Link to access Executime
- Instructions for Mobile Access
- Standard 40 Hour/Week Employee Training Video - Clock In Clock Out Functions
- Standard 40 Hour/Week Employee Training Video - Employee Actions
- Police & Fire Department Advanced Scheduler Employee Training Video
Employee HR Portal
- Link to access the Employee HR Portal Login (from work or from home)
- Employee HR Portal: Account Set Up & FAQ
Employee Handbook (PDF): This handbook and the policies and procedures contained herein supersede any and all prior practices, oral or written representations, or statements regarding the terms and conditions of my employment with the City of Urbandale by distributing this handbook, the city expressly revokes any and all previous policies and procedures that are inconsistent with those contained herein.
Link to: Safety Incident Report Form
Employee Performance Evaluation
City’s Non-Union Salary Schedule
- Non-Union Salary Schedule, Fiscal Year 2020-2021 approved by Council
- Non-Union Salary Schedule, Fiscal Year 2021-2022 approved by Council
Collective Bargaining Contracts
The City of Urbandale values the opportunity to provide information that is professional, informative, open, proactive, and on-brand to residents and stakeholders. To do that well, we have developed this Communications Guide (PDF). A Communications Guide does many things. It primarily helps us ensure that our community is well informed by promoting awareness of events, programs, initiatives, services, and opportunities in Urbandale.