- 4:00 p.m.
- 3rd Tuesday of each month
- Windsor Heights City Hall
1145 66th Street, Suite 1
Windsor Heights, IA 50324
- Darren J. Fife
Term expires: January 2, 2029
- John S. Garvey
Term expires: January 2, 2027
- David A. Tillinghast
Term expires: January 2, 2025
The Urbandale-Windsor Heights Sanitary District consists of 3 members. Members are elected at a special election or at a special meeting of the Board of Trustees, called specifically for an election. Members serve a 6-year term.
The City of Urbandale has 2 districts located within the city’s corporate limits. View the Sanitary Sewer Map (PDF) to locate your district.
The Urbandale-Windsor Heights Sanitary District (“UWHD”), pursuant to its Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017 Budget and recently approved Resolution, announces an increase of $.25 in the basic sanitary sewer charge to $4.00 per 1,000 gallons of water consumed. This increase will go into effect for water consumption beginning July 1, 2016, and will appear in the billing the following month for July readings.
If you have any questions, please contact Paul A. Drey, Attorney for the Urbandale-Windsor Heights Sanitary District at (515) 274-1450.
Areas of Focus
- Provides for the disposal of all sanitary sewage within the district
- Constructs, provides and maintains the necessary facilities to provide proper flow of collected sewage, which includes laterals, truck lines, and interceptors
- In addition, the District is responsible for infrastructure jointly shared with the Des Moines Metropolitan Wastewater Reclamation Authority
- Levies property taxes and/or special assessments for the payment of bonds issued by the District
- Imposes user charges (sewer rentals) based upon water consumption and other fees for the payment of expenditures, including debt service