National Night Out
The Annual "National Night Out" is a unique crime / drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch. It is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support for local anti-crime programs, and to strengthen community and police partnerships. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community and provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. During the summer, neighborhoods are encouraged to host block parties to build camaraderie and make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live.
We're Back!!! This year's event will be held on Tuesday, August 3rd from 5 to 7:30 p.m. in the Urbandale Police Department's front parking lot and the soccer field to the west of the Police Department. The Urbandale Police Department has been awarded a national award the last seven years for Outstanding Participation. In 2017 & 2018 we were awarded 8th place nationally among cities similar in size. We were only successful because of you!
Activities & Food
Bring the entire family for a fun-filled evening of activities and games. You will be able to meet officers from patrol, bicycle patrol, Suburban Emergency Response Team, there will be a K-9 demonstration and so much more! We will be giving away bicycle helmets, and bicycle safety information as well as a raffle for both boys and girls bicycles. Must be present to win! Remember, this is a totally free event so leave your pocket books at home and enjoy a fun filled family evening with the Urbandale Police & OUR community!
Other food and activities include:
- Peddle kart race - Age groups are 7-13
- UH-60 Black Hawk static display from Iowa Army National Guard
- Dunk Tank
- MULTIPLE bounce houses
- 92.5 NASH Icon with Eddie Hatfield
- Obstacle Course provided by the Iowa Army National Guard
- Face painting
- Games and prizes
- Patrol car display
- Urbandale Fire Department will be on hand with fire safety information
A ladder truck and ambulance will be on display (pending calls)
- Fire safety house provided by Blank Children's Hospital
- UnityPoint Life Flight
- Iowa State Patrol Seatbelt Convincer
- West Des Moines Police K-9 demonstration (2 shows: 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.)
- Urbandale Honor Guard presentation (6 p.m.)
- Urbandale SERT members with the Rapid Deployment Vehicle & Bearcat
- Pizza, Cookies, Hot dogs, Chips, and water will all be free
- Numerous free handouts from local organizations that provide resources to our community
- There will be drawings at the end of the event with over $2,000 worth of prizes to be given away! Must be present to win!
2021 Sponsorship Forms
Companies with the desire to invest in the Urbandale Police National Night Out Event are aligned with promoting the city Urbandale as a safe and crime-free community to live, work and play. There are three levels of sponsorship available: National Night Out Gold Level Sponsor $500.00 National Night Out Silver Level Sponsor $250.00 If you would like to be a sponsor for our 2021 National Night Out event, please fill out one of the sponsor forms and return to Officer Holly Pickett at the Urbandale Police Department. If you have any questions, please contact Officer Pickett at 515-278-3910 or email.