First Elected: 2022
Current Term Expires: December 31, 2026
Amy co-founded the non-profit Community Youth Concepts (CYC) in 2008 after working at the Iowa Division of Criminal and Juvenile Justice Planning since 2000. She graduated from Luther College with her B.A. in 1997 and University of Iowa with her M.S.W. in 2001. She currently provides non-profit management consulting and works for the Iowa Department of Public Health.
- Business Record’s Forty Under 40 (2015)
- Greater Des Moines Leadership Institute Class of 2014
- Iowa Volunteer Hall of Fame (2014)
- Urbandale Character Counts Award (2008)
- Governor’s State of Iowa Afterschool Advocate Award (2004)
- Iowa Jaycees Community Director of the Year (2002).
- Urbandale Public Art Committee (2021),
- Urbandale Parks Strategic Planning Committee (2018-2021),
- Grand View University School of Social Work Advisory Council (2019-present),
- Urbandale Community School District Community PPEL Committee (2017-2019),
- Capital Crossroads EDGE Workgroup Committee Member (2015-2018),
- Iowa Commission on Volunteer Service Ex-Officio Member (2015-2017),
- Youth Sports Coordinator and Assistant Coach (2014-present), and
- Girl Scout Troop Co-Leader (2009-2014)
- Des Moines Kiwanis President and Board Member (2010-present), and
- Clive Jaycees Community Development Director and Board Member (2000-2003)
Amy, her husband David, and two children, have lived in Urbandale since 2000.