McDivitt Grove Cemetery is cleaned at least three times a year: Spring (before mowing season), after Memorial Day, and Fall (end of mowing season). Additional clean up is done on an as-needed basis are notices are posted on our website. Individuals are encouraged to remove anything they wish to keep before the clean ups begin.
Seasonal Clean-Up Alert: There will be a seasonal clean up the week of April 10.
Flowers & Decorations Rules
Please remember these highlighted rules regarding flowers and decorations at the Cemetery:
- Fresh cut flowers may be used any time at the cemetery.
- Potted and annual plants are allowed in containers, as long as the container sets completely on the monument or base. All potted plants are removed in October, unless attached to the monument.
- Permanent plantings, ornaments, glass, rock borders, wood chips, fencing, shepherds hooks, lights, candles, and ropes are not permitted.
- The City reserves the right to remove any prohibited items and unauthorized plantings, including the removal of existing plantings on individual lots.
- Columbarium Specific: Decorations placed on the ground, easels, stands or attached directly by wire, tape, or glue are not permitted.
- Complete Cemetery Rules and Regulations
In addition to the three times the cemetery is designated for clean-up, the Parks staff will periodically pick up and dispose of dead floral arrangements, deteriorating synthetic floral arrangements, other items left in an unkept state, and any items not adhering to cemetery rules.
For more information about McDivitt Grove Cemetery, please contact the Parks and Recreation Department.