2023 Summer Photo Contest
This summer, we're shaking things up. We want YOU to share YOUR favorite photos of Urbandale! Unleash your inner-photographer, and create photos you think best represent our City. Entering is easy and free! Photographers of all ages and abilities are invited to enter their best photos celebrating our community in the City of Urbandale Photography Contest throughout the month of August and September! A winning photo will be chosen in October and displayed at the Library! All photos entered into our Photo Contest will also become eligible for use in the City's social media platforms!
Photo Contest Categories
Events & Community
- In Urbandale, we have plenty of fun (and free!) activities and events throughout the year. Show us how you help create community and connect with others. Submit photos from City events, social gatherings, classes, or anything community-related!
Recreation & Well-Being
- From the many parks and trails in Urbandale to the many wellness classes, there are endless opportunities for recreation! Show us how you, your friends or family enjoy these many offerings!
- Urbandale's Public Art Committee has done a fantastic job of integrating public art into the community. Show us your best shots of art in the community!
Environment & Nature
- From river banks and streams to the Jackaline Baldwin Dunlap Arboretum, Urbandale's natural environment provides enrichment for all residents. Show your appreciation of the natural beauty Urbandale has to offer!
Fan Favorite (Random)
- Once the contest is over, the top five images in this category will be published on social media and YOU will vote for the winner. Feel free to be as creative as you want with this category!
RULE ONE: ORIGINAL PHOTOS ONLY
You can't copy photos from any outside source. All photos must be the contestant’s sole artistic effort.
RULE TWO: KEEP IT URBANDALE
All photos must be taken from within our city limits.
RULE THREE: SHARE YOUR TALENT
By submitting a photo you grant the City of Urbandale permission to use the photo on their respective websites, print marketing, social media, and any other collateral royalty-free. Depending on the platform photos are used, attribution may be provided to the photographer, but is not guaranteed. Winners will be announced on the City of Urbandale's Facebook Page!
After the submission window closes (at the end of September), five winners will be selected, one from each of the above categories. Winners will have their photos displayed on social media and at either Urbandale City Hall or the Urbandale Library.