- Parks & Recreation
- Art on the Trail
Art on the Trail
Get ready to unleash your creativity and share your artistic talents with the Urbandale community! The Urbandale Public Art Committee is proud to present the Art on the Trail program, where participants can paint a 2'x2' board with the theme of "Summer Fun in Urbandale!" The boards will then be displayed along the Lakeview Park trail, one of Urbandale's most popular walking and biking trails. This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your artistic skills and be part of a community project that celebrates summer in Urbandale. Don't miss your chance to participate in this exciting program!
Join Urbandale's Community Art on the Trail and Celebrate Summer Fun in 2023!
- Participate in Urbandale's Community Art on the Trail program and showcase your creativity to the community.
- The program is organized by Urbandale Public Art Committee, and each participant can request a 2'x2' piece of plywood, suggested one per household.
- Paint one side of the board according to the theme "Summer Fun in Urbandale!" and proudly display it along the trail in Lakeview Park, one of Urbandale's popular walking and biking trails.
- There is a limited number of boards, and they will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last.
- For any queries, contact Urbandale Parks & Recreation at email@example.com or call 515-278-3963.
- Let your imagination run wild with the "Summer Fun in Urbandale!" theme.
- Use acrylic or exterior paint and paint the full board, including the edges to prevent weather damage.
- All boards, except those sealed by the artist, will get one coat of sealer.
- To reclaim your board after the exhibit ends, apply two or more coats of sealer.
- Download this registration form and fill it out completely.
- Print the completed form and bring it to the Parks & Recreation office to pick up your primed board between May 15 and May 31. (If you don't have access to a printer, we have blank forms available at our office.)
- Return your painted board by June 12.
- Enjoy the exhibit! It will run from approximately July 1 to Labor Day, 2023, at Lakeview Park, located at 80th Street and Aurora Avenue in Urbandale.
- As a participant (or participant's guardian), you agree to the terms and conditions listed below:
- Your submission may be publicly displayed and becomes the property of the City of Urbandale.
- You may request one 2'x2' piece of plywood per household and provide the necessary paint and supplies to complete the project.
- Your submission may be used for marketing and photographs without compensation.
- The City of Urbandale and Urbandale Public Art Committee are not responsible for any damage, loss, or theft of your submission.
- Not all submissions may be displayed, and the selections are made at the discretion of the Urbandale Public Art Committee.
- Return your completed registration form along with your submission to: Urbandale Parks & Recreation 3600 86th Street Urbandale, IA 50322.